17th Jun, 2022
Pray God's Word
"Strengthen me according to Your word." Ps 119:28 NKJV
The old saying, "Prayer changes things," takes on new meaning when you use the Scriptures in prayer. Such prayers move God to act on your behalf. More importantly, they change you. When you pray God's Word, here is what happens:
(1) Your faith increases and enables you to receive more of what God has promised.
(2) Your mind is renewed, and it causes you to see things differently.
(3) You know God's perfect will.
(4) You are able to walk in the truth.
(5) You grow into spiritual maturity.
(6) You draw closer to the Lord and have a more intimate relationship with Him.
(7) You learn God's ways, and they become your ways.
(8) You understand God's answers to your prayers.
(9) You change in positive ways.
(10) You behold the Lamb of God who is the very center of your Bible.
Here are some examples of Scriptures you can pray: "Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law" (v. 18 NKJV).
"Teach me Your statutes. Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I mediate on Your wonderful works" (vV. 26-27 NKJV).
"Strengthen me according to Your word" (v. 28 NKJV).
"Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me" (VV. 97-98 NKJV).
"For I will keep the commandments of my God! Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope" (vv. 115-116 NKJV).
"Give me understanding, and Ishall live" (v. 144 NKJV). Today, pray God's Word.
When you pray God's Word, your faith increases!