31st Dec, 2022
"Run with perseverance." Heb 12:1 NIV
Susan Alexander Yates suggests five resolutions to work on. "
(1) Reach someone who doesn't know
Christ. God commands us to be salt and light... (Mt 5:13-16); that won't happen if we spend all our time with believers...While reaching out feels scary, when you take the risk, you'll see God work through you.
(2) Be more grateful. I used to wake... thinking about all the things I had to do and... the people who needed me. I got depressed before I... got out of bed...So I started meditating on...God's character traits...thinking about how awesome God is. My perspective…changed.
(3) Spend quality time with God along with your family. I used to have a...raspberry patch. In the early years I...tended it, and it produced prolific crops. Then I got busy...and...weeds took over...A marriage can become like [that]. We get busy with kids, career, church...We think [we'll] spend time [together] when life calms down. The problem is life never does. Don't let the weeds...choke your marriage.You're raising future husbands and wives who need to know a happy marriage takes time.
(4) Say 'no' to something. Maturing means you postpone something you'd like to do to focus on something more important. In 10 years, what will matter most-that you signed your child up for another activity or said 'no' and had family dinners together?
(5) Pursue Christ with fresh vigor. [David prayed], 'Restore to me the joy of your salvation' (Ps 51:12 NIV). Vary [your routine]... [Pick] a new topic for Bible study. Begin a fresh journal. If you.. still feel stale, ask God to show you the reason." "Let us throw off everything that hinders and...run with perseverance the race marked out for us" (Heb 12:1 NIV).
Throw off everything that hinders and...run.